“The exhilarating ripple of her voice was a wild tonic in the rain.”



For all of the well read among you, the title of this post will tell you a lot about the content.
The Great Gatsby.


As some of you may know the brilliant novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald has been turned into a film by Baz Luhrmann starring Leo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan and it will next month open the Cannes Film Festival, and I am positively buzzing.  Not even solely from a fashion aspect, although the trailer makes the costumes look unquestionably incredible, as the fashions were in the roaring twenties, but musically also.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have a musical bone in my body, I can neither sing nor play an instrument but when I found out the Executive Producer of the musical score was the one and only Jay Z I let out a small yelp of excitement.  Then as you can imagine I began having heart failure when I discovered her majesty Beyonce had covered Back To Black by the late Amy Winehouse (whom I adore beyond belief).  AND the one and only Lana Del Rey has a new song for the film. I'm not even going to talk about the rest of the soundtrack, so much flawless, such little me.

Well, you have a month, if you haven't yet read The Great Gatsby it is free on iBooks so you have access to an apple device you have literally no excuse.
now playing - two way street/kimbra - dance so good/wakey!wakey! - dreaming of you/the coral - i wanna be adored/the stone roses

0 comments: