the sunday scoop and selfie - volume 5

This week has been mad! Five exams in three days with two days of packing/revision/Gossip Girl has been tough but I've made it out the other side fine if not a little ill.

I won't bore you with the details of my exams but I am going to talk about The Great Gatsby as I watched it on Friday. I loved it. I was sceptical after some of the reviews I'd heard but on the whole, very impressed. Now, don't read on if you haven't read the book or seen the film! So it started off with Nick in a psychologists office, the opening was nice but I didn't really get why that had been added, it was a nice feature and all but I think going back to it so much was not necessary. Next, the soundtrack was just amazing. I already knew what it was prior to going in but i thought the placement of the songs was really great, most notably "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey as it really summarised Daisy's attitude and thoughts. Some of the filmography was absolutely outstanding, for example when Mrytle (who I think Isla Fisher played brilliantly) gets knocked over but then there were some really awful moments, especially a particular part where Gatsby is talking to Nick in front of a screen. Diabolical. All in all, excellent film. Worth a watch for sure. 

On to a fun filled week of more packing now, and possibly some pampering! 


And the selfie - today I took my little cousin to her dance performance at Maesteg's Party in the Park. She was absolutely excellent as always, a little star! 

0 comments: