simply beauty nails and pre-holiday chit chat

Sometimes I like to think of myself as somewhat of a secret shopper.  The type that go into shops and secretly are judging them.  I'm not a secret shopper by any means but y'KNOW.  Last night I managed to mangle myself an appointment at local beauty salon Simply Beauty to get my nails done before I go on holiday, I know the salon is always jam-packed full so I'm lucky I got one!  I'm new to the whole acrylic nail scene so I wasn't sure what to expect, I've used glue on nails and had manicures but never an acrylic set.  I was greeted with a smile and cheery 'hello' so I was sold straight away.  I knew I wanted blue nails (real specific stuff there, El) and the moment Allison showed me her blue rockstar toes I decided I'd have the same.  The whole place was spotless and the application of the nails was seamless and professional.  The result, as you can see, was amazing.  And the hand lotion smelt (smelt? smelled?) DIVINE. 


They used the acrylic and glitter as the base and then the topcoat really finished it off and gave it an extra glimmer.  Also, I didn't intend to match them to my shoes.


Like Simply Beauty's facebook HERE and follow their twitter HERE - you can make bookings on either network.

I'm off to Barcelona tomorrow morning!  Hasn't that come round terrifyingly quickly.  I am so, so excited, especially because of how rubbish the weather around here has been so awful and I get to jet off to the sunny blue skies of Spain!  I haven't actually packed yet and I have clothes to dry and breakfast to make and cleaning to do and in retrospect maybe this post could have waited!  Nah.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! almost a week on and they still do - i am impressed! x

      Delete