How To: Tartan Nails

As you may have seen on my twitter  yesterday I tried tartan nails! I though it was a perfect winter look so here is my tutorial.  Enjoy!

You will need:
  • 4 nail varnishes (I used light blue, dark blue, white and red)
  • Top coat
  • A cocktail stick/nail art pen
Step 1:  Paint a layer or two of your base colour onto the whole of your nail.


Step 2.Paint a strip of white across the lower third of your nail, if you are using a thin nail varnish then apply two coats.  I have seen this done before with acrylic paint as it is thicker, but it can be hard to find.

Step 3. Paint a darker blue strip across the top, middle and bottom of the white strip using either a cocktail stick or nail art pen.


Step 4.  Paint with again, the blue two lines using a cocktail stick or nail art pen vertically on the left side of your nail.


Step 5. Using the red to contrast, paint a horizontal line in the top third of your nail, crossing over a vertical line.   


Step 6.  Repeat and enjoy!



Thank you! And let me know how it goes if you try it.

Ellie x

0 comments: