Online Shopping - Etsy

If you love all things vintage, hand made and just, cute, then I definitely recommend visiting Etsy.
When carpenter, painter and photographer Rob Kalin realised in 2005 that there was nowhere that he could sell and display his own work.  Thus, Etsy was born.  Their mission is to "empower people to change the way the global economy works".

Now, you may, as I did when I first visited the website, see it merely as a prettier version of eBay, but believe me, it's so much more.  The layout is cleaner, the products are more reliable and if you know what you're looking for, incredibly easy.
STEP BY STEP


Welcome to the homepage, here you can either use the search bar, as I do, or you can visit any of subheadings like "art", "knitting" or "quilts".  


I've searched "High waisted denim shorts" as an example, you can tell from the suggestions just how specific you can go down, my search returned nearly 90 pages of results, so narrowing down to size, location and style is definately recommended.


I reached my results page (I stuck to the first page for the purposes of this, but definately look through as many as you can bare).  


I chose this seller and shorts because she personalises the shorts depending on what you want, so if you want to mix up what you see, and have a studded panel and an applique pocket, she can do it.  You'll find a lot of that on Etsy.











Next time you want to find something a little different, anything from, of course, shorts to an iPhone cover then head straight to Etsy, the Aladdin's Cave of the internet.

Thank you!
Ellie x

0 comments: