A/W 2012: Party

So, we will soon enter A/W 2012 and party season is fast approaching.  Where has this year gone?  This season for parties I predict a lot of monochrome, and I'm talking more inventive than the LBD, I'm seeing disco pants, studded shirts and heel-less platforms.  Party season 2012 is going to be the most stylish one yet.If you click THIS link  you'll find my Polyvore set of this years party season.  

TOPS:
I have included a mesh cut out bodysuit, two blouses and a bralet.  I really love the bodysuit because it's a staple item that could be really versatile, easy to wear with jeans and a blazer or with anything featured in the set.  Blouses have always been safe for party season, one of the two has a studded colour which adds a really nice punky edge to any look, the other is a really simple contrasting collar blouse, which have been in style for a while now.  Of course I've written about bralets before, so easy to wear with anything, high waisted skirts I think for this season.  

BOTTOMS:
Disco pants are definitely one of my favourite looks of this season, I wore them recently to a party, so easy to combine with tops.  At the bottom of the set is a belted skater skirt perfect teamed with a bralet, or one of the blouses depending on how much you dare to bare!  Now the skirt next to it is amazing, maybe a look for only those of you with seemingly never ending legs but gorgeous nonetheless, again this would look perfect with either of the tops.  The last skirt I included is a mullet hem skirt, I'd team this with the bralet rather than the blouses.  

SHOES:
Now I've written a rather extensive post on shoes previously (HERE it is) so I think my favourite styles of shoe have slowly become glaringly obvious.  Heel-less platforms, how amazing are they?! So amazing, then we have two pairs of heeled boots and wedges, pretty typical party shoes!  No stillettos, I think these are more practical, and more stylish.  

ACCESSORIES: 
Knuckle duster bags are the best, I wore one to my prom and it received a lot of praise.  I like this one because it's so neutral, it would go with any one of the outfits I've included.  The other two are a little more 'showy' and would be the focus of the outfit (especially the Lulu Guiness one) but they're so nice I couldn't not include them!  As for jewellery, we've got the obligatory feather earrings, can't go wrong, always cool! I really loved the cross ring, I think it would be a really great finish to any outfit, I'd advise investing in one. 

MAKE UP:
Firstly, matte nails.  I'm in love with these, although at about £11 for a coloured one matte nail varnish isn't cheap, it looks so lovely and so different, I really like it.  I like the pink one a lot.  Smokey eyes, of course, and lots of liner.  


I hope that helped anyone, get buying while everything stocked up!

Thank you!
Ellie x

0 comments: