Cath Kidston Inspired Nails/Tutorial

As Summer has begun and therefore so has my abundance of spare time, I sorted out my nail polishes.  Before I start - nail polish vs. nail varnish...is there a difference? What do you say?


I now keep all of mine in this amazing woven cath kidston-esque bag one of my bezzies Charlotte gave me my birthday presents in which kind of inspired this nail art.  (Along with Sophie buying me nail polish and saying "look it's like Cath Kidston colours so you can do nail art")



  • First is the basecoat, I used 'Sweet as Sugar' by Rimmel as it is thick, smooth and not overpowering.



  • Next I used Model's Own 'Strawberry Tart' to create three (you can do more, you can do less) dots on my nail.  I used the brush rather than a pen. 



  • Now, using another Rimmel polish, this time 'Hot & Spicy' I, for want of a better word, sploged a darker colour around the pink.  Sort of like the outer petals.  I did this by putting some of the polish on a sheet of paper, then using a cuticle stick to paint it on.  




  • I then did the same but as leaves with Barry M's 'Greenberry'.





Voila! I used 'Hot & Spicy' on my other three nails with 'Sweet as Sugar' as pinstripes and polka dots, all done with a cuticle stick.  I did go on to smudge one getting my panini out of the grill though ~sad face~

So a super easy nail tutorial - done!  Let me know how yours go.

0 comments: