Ellie Styles 5.....Dungarees!

Dungarees are my love/hate item at the moment, on models and mannequins they look fantastic but I'm not convinced they would be up to much on me.  I thought I'd do a feature on them anyway! I've picked a varitaion of the classic dungaree from 5 stores, Miss Selfridge, Boohoo, Topshop, Missguided and New Look.

MISS SELFRIDGE
I really love the colour of this dress despite not being the world biggest lover of all things pink (she types while wearing neon pink nail varnish).  I think it would look really nice as a day dress with a white cap sleeve crop top underneath, especially in the sun as it's bearing a bit of skin but still staying modest.  Also, the turtle neck style tops that are fashionable right now would look good.  I say white because the stitching in the pocket detail is white so picking it up again would be good, then white converses would finish it off perfectly!

BOOHOO
Full length dungarees tend to lean toward the 'hate' end of my dungaree spectrum but there's something about these Leonie Light Wash ones that I love - especially the idea of them being teamed with court shoes, anything to do with court shoes and I am sold! I'd say for tops, keep it light like the wash and match with shoes, the model is wearing white but I think peaches, corals and mints would work just as well. (P.S. enter OFFER15 at the checkout for 15% off!)

TOPSHOP
I feel somewhat bad for liking this as much as I do.  It's a bit of a cop out because it's technically a playsuit but it's denim with dungaree detail! This is only for those content with bearing a bit of flesh because I wouldn't recommend wearing a top underneath, although it looks structured I'm not sure if there is an inbuilt bra, if not you'll obviously need either a crossback bra or a converter.  I see this with pastel coloured brogues or flatforms.

MISSGUIDED
This is so nice, I literally cannot pick which colour is my favourite, the black is really versatile and an easy day to night look while the peach is just super pretty.  Both of them can easily be worn with heels or flats, the models are wearing them with heeled boots which is a lovely look.  As it's quite low slung I do like the looser crop top styled with.  I'd stick monochrome if you're going with the black and white if you're going peach.  (insert MGFREE at the checkour for free next day delivery if you order tonight!)

NEW LOOK
To finish - a classic, the dungaree.  We've all owned a pair in our lives I'm sure of it.  After looking at all of the variations I'm not sure if I'd buy one like this now.  If you're going to wear it up and over your shoulders then I'd wear a crop top as it sits on the hips, if ot then any top would be fine depending really on how much you dare to bare.

Are any of you planning on buying a pair?  How do you style yours?


0 comments: