PROM!


I miss prom.  Still, almost a year on.  If you're some of the lucky ones with a prom this year, I envy you! I understand not all schools hold proms for Year 11s but luckily for us - mine did.

I didn't choose a dress until way later than I had hoped to, if my memory serves me well it was just before Whitsun last year - my prom was June 29th.


This was my dress - I found it at a local shop specializing in occasion dresses, it is absolutely nothing like the 'bright blue definitely not long maybe mullet hem but not long' dress I'd always claimed I would get but without sounding TOO cheesy, I tried it on and absolutely fell in love with it completely.  My jewellery was really simple, I had a bracelet that was decorated with crystals with a interlocking pattern, a necklace which was like a little glass perfume bottle and earring complimenting my bracelet - all of which were from Accessorise I believe.  My bag was grey crocodile print with a knuckle duster style handle, I cannot for the life of me remember where it was from but I want to say Boohoo/Missguided.  I had a spray tan and eye lashes a few days beforehand, and my hair cut and dried so it was wavy, then I put it on the side and pinned it how I wanted it, and nails painted (French polish) on the day.  I don't have any photos with my shoes in bt they were white slingbacks absolutely covered in diamanté and they were stunning!


Myself and Morgan who brought about 7 ties with him to see which matched my dress best, aw.  


My gorgeous friends looking so smart!
Alys, Rachael, Iszzy, Emilie, Libby, Sophie, myself, Dayna and Charlotte (L-R)


Charlotte, Sophie, myself and Dayna.  Charlotte, Sophie and Dayna actually managed to find their dresses online.






A rather long shot of all of us before heading to the school


Libby (who provided her home as our pre-prom place) and I


Am I getting carried away with all this reminiscing? Lydia and I.




Kerstin and I



A natural one of myself and Emilie laughing! (I'd like to point out someone is standing behind me and my shoulder doesn't jut out that much, it took me a while to figure out)


If you have a prom this year and are stuck for where to look for a dress/shoes take a look at the following links!

even if only for inspiration SHERRI HILL
If you know of anywhere else please comment below and let me know, I'd love to check it out.  Also - don't hesitate to post or e-mail (fashion-etcwithellie@live.co.uk) me your prom queries as I'd love to help.  


now playing - enter shikari/stalemate - i would do anything for you/foster the people - wake me up/ed sheeran - 22/taylor swift



0 comments: