margiela x converse

The choice brand of Jay-Z has collaborated with everyone's favourite kicks producers - Converse.  On September 20th you could (for a cool $200) get your hands on these delectable trainers.  


 
You may be wondering, "are they two different pairs of shoes?" and if you are, you would be mistaken.  These converse are painted in trademark Margiela white paint and through every day wear the paint flakes off and unveils the real shoe colour underneath.  You can pick from red, black, navy and yellow as the base colour, and either Chuck Taylors (the shoes pictured) or Jack Purcell's (the shorter shoes).  

Personally, as a lover of both brands, I adore them but I have seen mixed opinion elsewhere. I understand the arguable impracticality of the shoe but let's just remember, if you're going to pay $200 for a pair of high heels, will they always be practical?


now playing: why do you only call me when i'm high/arctic monkeys - icarus/bastille - supersoaker/kings of leaon - we can't stop/miley cyrus (sorry)

4 comments:

  1. It's not bad at all but very expensive. I think I'll stick to my classic Converse. :-)

    - Dani

    www.welcometomyjungle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quirky, fashionable idea of the paint flecking off!
    Thanks for introduction me to this, but I think it's slightly out of my budget at the moment, haha!
    Keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it brilliant! Haha, mine too!

      I will, Andrea :-)
      Ellie xx

      Delete