my thoughts on iOS7 - with pictures

As you may or may not know I am a total freak for my iPhone, it more or less holds every important detail in the day to to day running of my life, I don't have a particularly busy life, don't get me wrong but I do have to organise my time effectively to avoid my melting into a pool of late coursework and no blog posts.  Of course last night iOS7 was released, I was in work at the time which was annoying but also a blessing because while everybody else took 4565 hours to download I not only updated my phone but also my iTunes in under an hour and a half altogether.   


This is the lock screen, obviously a lot cleaner and slicker than the previous, we've lost the both the bars around the time and 'slide to unlock' meaning the background image takes up the whole screen which is a really nice touch.  The camera button is really subtle, too subtle? I like that the signal part has been replaced with the five circles, no reason why really, I just think it looks good.



This slides up from the bottom of the screen while the phone is both locked and unlocked.  I think this is the part most similar to Android because obviously on android you can quickly turn off wifi and go into airplane mode as you can on the top icons.  You can change the brightness and volume here, as well as quick access to a torch (I love this, no need for the torch app) timer, calculator and camera.  Very nice.  


My unlocked screen, I like everything in folders, a lot of people don't but I find it much less cluttered.  The icons and folders are much flatter and generally more aesthetically pleasing.


When you open a folder instead of it just sliding everything else up/down like it used to it now it expands to take up the whole screen like so.  You then just tap out of it, I'm hoping all of the popular apps change their images to match with the theme of the Apple produced apps.  By the way, to make a folder, if you don't know, you hold down an app until they all wiggle and then slide it on top of another app that you want it in a folder with.  

Twitter has updated (a feature I like now is that apps will auto update, fabulous) to fit in and although it isn't outrageously different I like the blue in the top bars.


Texting, sorry to Molly first who won't know I have used this until she reads it, is very similar but..just nicer.  I honestly love everything about this update.  That being said, it is actually only Molly and my Dad's messages who are sending as iMessage, but a lot of people are having this problem, strange.  



I told you my life was on here.  Notes has changed a lot, no more lined paper, it's more like a sketch book (idk) but it's neat and the font is nice so no complaints from this camp.  

I would actually love to hear what everyone else is thinking about the update, please comment and let me know!




1 comment:

  1. I'm undecided about the update but then I'm old school :P
    I feel like it's moved into android territory and didn't need to but I'm sure it'll grow on me, as everything does (facebook updates, anyone?)
    Keep in touch
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete