sunday scoop volume 17

Please, blogging world, forgive me. I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I am here and I have a lot to catch you up on. First things first, I'm back in school! I have a lot of early finishes so I'm rather happy with my timetable, it's especially good because...*drumroll* I HAVE A JOB NOW. How exciting is that, after months of making excuses for myself to not hand CVs in I surrendered and got offered at interview at Fat Face days later! I've done four shifts now and I love it, what's even better is I don't work Saturdays so I can still go and teach at The Performance House as normal.

Aside from that I'm currently beginning all of my coursework pieces in school, for Media Studies you have to write an essay then produce a creative piece which has been informed by it. I have chosen to  write an essay on the sexualisation of young people and then create an advertising campaign for a new youth clothing store. For my final textiles project  I'm making a dress inspired by Scotland's commonwealth games and for English Literature I'm looking The Bell Jar, Emily Dickinson poetry with John Green's Looking for Alaska. I should be finalising my question right now but I felt this was more important. Tbh.  

While everything is sounding hunky dory, something terrifying has happened. We have had the first 18th birthday in our friendship group. Alys turned 18 on September 13th. I couldn't even buy her card from the fear/realisation that we we are actually growing up. I'm applying for uni soon! Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Anywho, in celebration Alys held a lovely party where a good time was had by all in attendance! Plus, she looked gorgeous. (excuse the awful photos) 




Fear not, you are almost up to date. Yesterday Caitlin had a little shindig for her 13th (*faints*) next Wednesday where her and some pals went to see White House Down, so Dad and I thought we'd join, sitting a few rows down and across, of course. I wasn't expecting much of the film initially, it took finding out Channing Tatum was in it to encourage me fully. I really, really wasn't disappointed. Action films usually aren't my thing but I thought Tatum and Jamie Foxx were brilliant and the story line was pretty good too. Although my Dad said if was very much like Olympus Has Fallen. 

And to end, I've completely lost my voice. Fantastic. Cheerio!




0 comments: