fashion fancy/lily collins

I keep reading about Lily Collins and I keep thinking of Lily Cole, to the point where it is literally infuriating me.  Collins.  Not. Cole.  However, Lily Collins, daughter of music ledge Phil Collins (wrote the song Cadbury stole for the advert with the drumming gorilla, alongside many others) who you may know from Mirror Mirror and The Blind Side has come on to the/my radar recently as a very fashionable female.  She majored in broadcast journalism at USC and was writing for Elle Girl as teenager while Glamour named her 'International Model of the Year'' in 2009.

At age 24 Collins is competing with the likes of Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence and Blake Lively for not only the title of 'fashionable' but even perhaps, for film roles.  Now, I'm by no stretch a casting director so let's focus on her style.


Firstly, a near enough faultless casual look.  I am a crusader for the acceptance of wedged shoes into the 'casual' category so that alone pleases me greatly.  Collins looks like a normal twenty-something gal going about her normal twenty-something gal business.  I'll let you know what that entails in a few years.  


And then with a bang we see Lily Collins transformed into a demure, curvy and gorgeous twenty-something.  I would go as far as saying that the alone is not setting my world alight but she carries it so well.  A girl who knows what to wear.  



Raise your hand if you love backless gowns.. -raises hand- -raises other hand- -raises both feet-.  I am turning into a manic fangirl as I type, I love backless gowns, I don't even have one but I just love them.  So elegant and feminine.  I adore the oversized bow on the first dress and the colour of the second is just beyond perfect.  I also like that while she steers toward more subtle make up she isn't scared to go bold, it works so well with the monochrome outfit.  

And that, my lovely mojitos, is my first fashion fancy.  








0 comments: