Cardiff Vintage Fair

Yesterday the UK's largest travelling vintage fair came to Cardiff, so of course it would've been rude not to take a visit.  Me and two friends took the train down at half one then headed to Cardiff City Hall.

OOTD!
I wore Topshop American flag shorts, with a Missguided sheer studded collar blouse, a striped oversized Primark cardigan with a gold Necklace I bought at The Clothes Show.  I have no idea where I bought my bag from, but I haven't used it since the summer so I thought I'd get it out again!



I also have new glasses - Hilfiger at Specsavers. 







Sophie looking through the vintage shirts - Charlotte was being camera shy.





I'm hoping to make a wedding dress for my final Textiles project next year so there was lots of inspiration!














I did buy this - a bracelet made from an old knitting noodle, a bargain at only £2!

I took the opportunity to talk to a few of the vendors about their stalls.

This was the cutest little stall ever, they had amazing vintage tea cups filled with wax so they were candles which I totally adored! They are based in the south west and sell online (the link is in the title). I Heart Vintage get their stock from wholesalers and private sellers generally but the lovely lady I was talking to did admit that her Aunty was quite the hoarder so she gets quite a lot from her, which did make me think of using that as an excuse for hoarding all of my own clothes, they'll be vintage one day!

E-Vintage is a Cardiff based online vintage store which actually provides vintage clothing to high street giants such as Urban Outiftters and Topshop.  They get their stock from American predominately.  Check out their ASOS marketplace here! Also, follow their pinterest etc here!  I think their Tumblr tagline is my favourite yet, "If you haven't got anything nice to wear, don't wear anything at all"

Next, the super cool Faded Glory whose eclectic jewellery and clothing was not to be missed.  Their ASOS link is in the title and I definitely advise you take a look even if you aren't generally a fan of vintage clothing as they have updated, changed and personalised many vintage looks.  They trade online at ASOS and at many vintage fairs up and down the country.  They source their clothing from the UK and Thailand resulting in very varied selection.

VINTAGE HAIR LOUNGE/VIVA LA VINTAGE/THAIRAPY
These three certainly win my (imaginary) awards for best names.  There was a corner done out as a hair salon with people popping in an out to have treatments.  Collectively they have over 50 years of experience, based in Bristol and Donacaster these companies are worth a browse.  The Vintage Hair Lounge also run intensive courses in hair and airbrush make up so if you're up for something different have a go!

All in all I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon - however I was expecting it to be slightly bigger and I was shocked at having to pay for entry - I know £2 isn't much but y'know! 

0 comments: