is this what an identity crisis feels like

What exactly is fashion etc with ellie?  It is honestly a question I ask myself a lot.  Sometimes when I struggle to think of what to write I think 'Well, what would I want to read?' and that is how I try to see my blog.  A real teenager writing for real teenagers.


Not a real crisis.  This is still me.  


As much as I love bloggers who review the latest YSL Lipstick, or admire Chanel's last ready-to-wear line it is a reality that although teenagers arguably have a lot of disposable income (we don't pay rent etc) how many of us will go and buy a Chanel shirt for next season?  Not many, that is how many.  Now I am not saying I don't sometimes wish I could. Merely that right now, why would I write about things I am not wearing when I could much more easily do an OOTD with the chance of inspiring someone else's outfit, by the same token I don't think I'm outrageously fashionable but I know the first thing I do when I don't know what to wear is check the blogs I follow.

But now, I am not even sure if fashion is where I want to be.  In future do I really see myself writing about fashion for a living?  Not really.  Fashion will always have a fond place in my heart but I would much rather write about current affairs and things that are on the forefront of the world's news.  It's strange, for as long as I can remember I thought I knew where I wanted to be so I stuck at it.

I'm not sure what this post was trying to achieve, but it's been a while since I wrote on here.  And that's why.

Anyone heading to Westminster Open Day this Saturday?  I'll see you there!


0 comments: