Collaboration - The Trendy Chick


Valentine's Day Nail Tutorial 
By TheTrendyChick

Hey guys! I am so happy to be collabing with Elinor to bring you this cute tutorial! I am going to be posting her Valentine's Day post on my blog as well, so hop over and take a look! I blog at http://thetrendychick.blogspot.com mainly about fashion, but I also include in recipes, diy's, and nail tutorials like the one I am going to show you today. 

Today's tutorial was inspired by the Crayon Art pictures that I am sure you have all seen! You know, the ones where you melt crayons with a hairdryer and let it run down the board? I have always thought that was such a cute idea, so I incorporated it into a nail tutorial! Here is a step by step tutorial on how to create it: 

 
 

 

 

 

  
As you can see, it is a really easy look at long as you do have some smaller brushed nail polishes. I prefer the Kiss brand which I normally buy at Walgreens, but any brand will do! You might also be able to use a toothpick or nail dotting tool to do the stripes instead. On a different note, please ignore the atrocious lighting in the one picture... I didn't notice just how bad it was until now!
I love how you can switch the colors too, but I just chose to do purple, red, and pink because of Valentine's Day! And I added sparkles on top because who doesn't love a little glitter, especially for V-Day! 

Let me know if liked this tutorial in the comments and don't forget to checkout Elinor's post

xo, Scarlett

0 comments: