the perks of being a wallflower

So what feels like an eternity ago my friend Charlotte won four free tickets to see an early viewing of  'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'.  Now, I've been meaning to write about this for ages, so here goes.  

If you love the book, you'll love the film.  Honestly, although many books to film adaptations are disappointing, I thoroughly enjoyed this, I think that has a lot do with the fact that Stephen Chbosky wrote the screen play as well as the book.  If you enjoy emotional films then it's definitely for you, we cried most of the way through.  Logan Lerman plays the "introvert freshman" alongside Ezra Miller and Emma Watson as the "two seniors who welcome him to the real world".  There are a few underlying and ambiguous themes within the film, making it all the more interesting as it gives you a lot to think about and consider, but I do think that could be where it is handy to have read the book.  All in all, excellent film, excellent book.  Watch and read! Let me know what you think.

Also - my outfit! I wore a white lace peter pan collar top from topshop, with blue denim skinny jeans and a blazer! Casual and smart.



Thank you!
Ellie x

0 comments: